Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fajita minus tortilla

Fajita minus tortilla

This was again EASY---my favorite kind of recipe.  I bought the pre-packaged pre-cooked fajita chicken strips.  I combined the chicken with a very small amount of peppers and onions.  Finally, I topped it with cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing.

This meal actually felt rather indulgent--even minus the delicious tortillas.

I am continuing to feel better with the low-carb lifestyle.  I've cheated a time or two and I always regret it shortly afterward.  I tend to get more headaches and my ulcers are truly awful after a sugar cheat.  

The hardest part seems to be grieving the loss of sugar.  No one loves sugar like I do.  I could compete with any child-anywhere.  If it was possible, I would eat only sugary things--and it would be rare to ever get sick of it.  Cake, ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate, pudding, ice cream (again, because it's the best), frappucinos, cookies, fruit juice and pastries.  Letting go of these delicious things is a true life change for me--and it's going to take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment