Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! 

I decided to start this blog as a place to chronicle the low carb cooking ideas that I am working with.  I'm not a great cook, or even much of a cook at all.

However, about five years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I've struggled with it off and on since then.  I'm finally having some success managing it with a low carb diet.  I don't have celiac disease, but sugar and wheat seem to aggravate my condition.

Now here's the difficult part.  I LOVE sugar.  Love, love, love!!!!  But....I feel much better without it.  Physically.  Mentally and emotionally I still really miss sugar, but yes I'm better without it.

I may or may not offer great recipes--but I will post pictures of meals that are successfully low carb, and hopefully that will continue to motivate me to try new things and think out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment